1730 – French Park, Co. Roscommon
Large three storey mansion with two storey wings connected by simple curved sweeps. Similar in design to houses at Strokestown and the Bishop’s Palace at Elphin. In 1952 Lord de Freyne sold French Park. The great house and demesne had been in the French family since 5,000 acres were granted to Dominick French in 1666; prior to its dissemination during the Irish land acts, the estate comprised 36,000 acres. The interior of the house was dismantled in the 1950s with the ruins demolished in the early 1970s.