1780s – Baronston House, Ballynacargy, Co. Westmeath


Baronston also known as Baronstown, was a three-storey centre block joined to two-storey wings by curved sweeps. In 1903, a large, gabled, Edwardian villa was constructed on the site of the central block, with the sweeps and wings remaining on either side. This replacement was built twice by James Franklin Fuller, rebuilt first ‘for the late Col Malone’ and second on a smaller scale for ‘the present Col. Malone’ after successive fires. Baronston was sold in 1929.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com