Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1790 – Corner, Capel Street, Dublin

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

capel_corner_lge

capel_corner_detail_lgecapel_corner2_lge

Sadly lying derelict, this prime city site looks just as it did when Malton did his view of Essex Bridge with all its original glazing bars complete. Now badly in need of some tlc and a lick of paint, it is to be hoped that like its neighbours (recently renovated by the City Council), it will live again. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately it seemed to pass untouched through the boom years, but is now in a poor state of repair.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1760s – Hapenny Bridge Galleries, No.15 Bachelors Walk, Dublin

Beside the shop of Edward Butler, this antiques shop has a fine original shop façade. In 1850, this premises was...

Close