Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1812 – Ballyheigue Castle, Co. Kerry

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook5Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Richard Morrison & William Vitruvius Morrison

0005

0006

Long rambling castle sited across a hillside. Burnt during 1921, a wing was recently restored. The grounds are now a golf course. Interestingly while both illustrations are a reasonable representation of the castle, both exaggerate the landscape. In reality the castle is sited on top of a rolling hillside.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook5Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Kerry, Lost Buildings of Ireland
1702 – The Exchange, Limerick

Architect: The Limerick City Exchange was built in 1673, close to St. Mary's Cathedral to house the city's covered market and council chamber. In 1702 the Exchange was demolished and...

Close