1823 – First Presbyterian Church, Moneymore, Co. Derry

Architect: Jessie Gibson

0004

Jessie Gibson was employed as surveyor by three City of London companies, the Saddlers’, the Drapers’ and the Vintners’. It was as surveyor to the Draper’s Company, a post which he held from 1797 until 1822, that he was responsible for the design of most of the buildings erected between 1818 and 1823 in Moneymore, Co. Derry, on the Drapers’ estate. He was succeeded by William Booth, who did some further work on the church in the 1830s.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com