1843 – Glasgow Royal Asylum, Gartnavel, Scotland

Architect: Charles Wilson

0039

An unusual design in Tudor Gothic, built in 1842-43, with the chapel completed in 1904. Initially built to hold 420 patients and later extended. Each range was U-shaped with the central section containing the main entrance, reception rooms and staff accommodation while the patients occupied the flanking wings.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com