Final design proposal for County Court House by Charles Lanyon. The building was largely completed as illustrated but since extended by Young and Mackenzie in 1905. This wasn’t the original design concept for the court house, but the onset of the Great Famine, and the subsequent drop in income of the county borough meant that their architectural ambitions were scaled down, with Lanyon producing several designs. It is a large neo-Classical building with rendered facades, a hexastyle Corinthian portico dominates the front elevation and is surmounted by a ‘Justice’ figure. Internally, the central hall and two court rooms were considered to be the most important spaces. Now derelict.