1852 – Bangor Castle, Co. Down

Architect: William Burn




This imposing building was built for Robert Edward Ward and his family in 1852. It is now (since the 1950s) the headquarters of North Down Borough Council who use the mansions spectacular grand salon as the council chamber.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com