Designed by Thomas Turner, the Town Hall was built in 1859 by McLaughlin & Harvey for the then large sum of £4,147, with The Honourable the Irish Society contributing £2,500. It replaced the Market House built in 1743 by The Honourable the Irish Society. In 1902 a new Stairway and doorway at the eastern end increased available space. Under the tower the western door was permanently closed and converted to a window. Inside the Town Hall is a superb stained glass window commemorating The Honourable the Irish Society1613 -1913. Designed and manufactured by Campbell Bros Belfast it features the Irish Society School, Salmon Leap, Old Parish Church and the old Market House.