Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1860 – Graving Dock No.1, Alexandra Basin, Dublin

Tweet about this on Twitter2Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Bindon B. Stoney

0005

A construction drawing of Graving Dock No.1, which was begun about 1853 and opened on 9 February 1860. It was constructed to be 80 feet wide and 400 feet long, being built to accommodate the latest mail steamers. In use until about 1989, but now filled in and now used for container storage.

Tweet about this on Twitter2Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Dublin City, Lost Buildings of Ireland
1882 – T.H. Burke Memorial, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Drew Proposed by the Resident Magistrates of Ireland, 1882. Published in The Building News, August 18th 1882. Thomas Burke was murdered by the Invincibles in 1882.

Close