1865 – Exhibition Building, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

Architect: William Mason


The exhibition building was a twin–towered palazzo in stuccoed brick, with corner turrets and the bold quoining already exhibited in the Dunedin Public Warehouse. It had a central, covered courtyard and was a descendant of Charles Fowler’s design for the Covent Garden market building in London. It was situated on Great King Street and afterward became the city’s hospital, serving the purpose until its demolition in 1933.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com