Architect: Fred Chancellor
The foundation stone of the Church, laid in 1870 refers to the older name, Fourth End, instead of Ford End. Unfortunately, this church had structural problems because it had been built on an ‘osier (or reed) bed’. This resulted in the demolition of the Chancel in 1985 and the peal of six bells were not rung for twenty years until they were declared safe in 2005. Grade II listed Victorian building. Perspective view & plan published in The Building News, June 19th 1874.