Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1872 – Elmwood Hall, Queen’s University Belfast

Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook1Share on Google+1Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: John Corry

0003

0009

Designed by amateur architect John Corry, Elmwood Hall, a former Presbyterian Church, is the concert hall for Queen’s University. Originally designed in 1859, it was not completed until the construction of the tower and spire in 1872. It ceased to be used as a church in 1972 when it was acquired by the university and the interior fittings and stained glass removed.

Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook1Share on Google+1Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1868 – Old Library, Queen’s University Belfast

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon Illustration showing the interior of the Old Library as originally designed by W.H. Lynn. The...

Close