1876 – “Baynard Castle”, Queen Victoria Street, London

Architect: Major Wieland


The original Baynard Castle was destroyed in the Great Fire of London in 1666. This Victorian ‘version’ which has also now disappeared stood directly in front of Wren’s last London Church ~ St Andrew-by-the-Wardrobe, Bennetts Hill on Queen Victoria Street. Perspective View published in The Builder,October 21st 1876.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com