Perspective view including ground plans published in The Building News, March 12 1880. Built in a cruciform structure of brick in the Early English style, costing over £5,100, St. Alban’s was consecrated on 31st March 1876. The interior was designed to seat 500 and had a carved oak lecturn and an organ chamber on the north side, with an open screen. There are images on the Leodis website showing the exterior of St. Alban’s in 1948, in a very delapidated state. On an O.S. map for 1951 the site is shown as a vacant plot.