The former Derby Central School of Art dating from late 1878 and was home for many years to an arthouse cinema. Quite a bizarre-looking building with toplit studio space with a curved roof surface, and a fantastic largely glazed turret staircase. The building was not built completely as illustrated – the lower range to the right was built with an extra floow and a tall attic storey. Now empty awaiting a new use or demolition. Published in The Builder, June 9th 1877.