1880 – Glamorganshire Banking Company, Aberavon, Glamorganshire
Bank branch for the Glamorganshire Banking Company – eventually a part of Lloyds Bank. “This building is now in course of erection in the main street of the town. The walling is of grey Pennant stone from a neighbouring quarry, with dressings of white Bridgend stone from the Lnarella quarries. The roofs will be covered with Broseley tiles. The ground-floor contains the banking offices and manager’s dining-room. Above is a commodious residence for the manager. In the basement are fireproof vaults, &c. The contractor is Mr. J. Thomas, of Neath, and the clerk of works Mr. J. Millward. The architect is Mr. J. Bacon Fowler, of Swansea and Brecon.” Perspective including ground plan from The Building News, December 17th 1880.