1881 – Curator’s Cottage, Botanic Gardens, Cambridge
“The house which we illustrate to-day was built by the Botanic Garden Syndicate, at Cambridge, from the design of Mr. W M. Fawcett, M.A. It is a small house with two sitting-rooms, kitchen, &c., four bedrooms!, and small bath-room ; there is also an office for the curator and the syndicate. It is built of red brick and has bay windows. The barges and cornices are all of wood. The lodge stands near the side- entrance from Panton-street, and this is most used for the general management of the Gardens. The principal aspect is south, and the windows have a good view of a large portion of the gardens.” Design published in The Building News, July 15th 1881.