Architect: George Barnes Williams
The Worshipful Company of Mercers is the Premier Livery Company of the City of London. The Company, and its associated charitable trusts, make substantial grants to support education, general welfare, church and faith and arts and heritage. The Mercers’ Hall was extensively refurbished during the period 1877 to 1881 with the frontage remodelled by George Barnes Williams and the interiors were redesigned by John Gregory Crace, the renowned Victorian designer. The Hall was destroyed by fire in 1941 during the Blitz. A replacement Mercers’ Hall was opened in May 1958 to designs by Gunton & Gunton.