Architect: William Botterill & Son
Perspective View including ground plan from The Building News, January 18th 1878. Erected in 1881-2, though not consecrated until 1885. In consequence of the irregularity of the site, the church stands north and south, and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with semi-circular apse. It is of red brick, in the Early English style. The principal entrance is by the north porch, in Mason Street. The pulpit is of white and red stone, with carved diaper work and open arcade. There is a quaint open reredos, and pitchpine stalls and pews, affording accommodation for 590 persons. The total cost (excluding site, which was the gift of Mr. R. Jackson) was £4,900. A vicarage was erected in 1888, at the corner of Bourne Street, a few yards distant from the church, at a cost of £1,650, exclusive of site.