1882 – New Municipal Buildings, Inverness, Scotland
Built in a Flemish-Baronial style, and still in use today as the Town House. Constructed to the design of local architect William Lawrie as a larger version of Sir George Gilbert Scott’s Albert Institute in Dundee. The building comprises two storeys and features slender towers and turrets corbelled out at the corners and above the entrance, together with two plaques showing the Burgh Arms. The interior is grand, with an imposing staircase rising from the entrance to access the principal rooms: the sizeable Town Hall, the Council Chamber and a committee room. The wood-panelled Council Chamber features fine stained-glass windows and grand chandeliers.