1890 – The Bank of Montreal, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Child & Wilson


Architects Child & Wilson was one of the first large practices in Alberta. Their successful practice was responsible for the design of many of the landmark buildings constructed of sandstone and erected on Eighth Avenue, and after the dissolution of the partnership in January 1899 Wilson practised under his own name until 1904. Demolished.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com