1893 – Portrush Railway Station, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise



Constructed for the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway, under the direction of its engineer and architect Berkeley Deane Wise, was completed in 1893. Three platforms were provided together with a train shed (demolished) and a station building in a “half-timbered” Mock Tudor style with a clock tower. Sadly no longer in use as a station building, facilities being provided by a more utilitarian building to the rear.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com