Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1893 – Unbuilt adaptations to Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson



Incomplete scheme that added a chapel and wards to the earlier building by John Bourke of 1861. The scheme included a tower on the main block, possibly to emulate the nearby Rotunda Hospital and a campanile to the rear. Neither were constructed although the image featured on hospital headed paper for some years.

    Read previous post:
    1790 – Central Range and Campanile, Trinity College Dublin

    Architect: William Chambers Design for eastern side of Parliament Square in Trinity College Dublin. Never constructed, some years later during...