“This residence is situate upon the Ford Bank Estate, five miles south of Manchester. Whilst the situation of the site on the one hand demanded that the entrance should be from the north, the owner’s requirements on the other, led to the whole of the entertaining rooms being placed on the south side, affording them a bright sunny aspect, as well as an excellent view of the tennis-lawn and garden. Our illustration represents the garden-front. The external walls are faced with pressed stock bricks from Ruabon, relieved with terra-cotta and stone dressings. The roofs are covered with selected dark – coloured Broseley tiles. Throughout the house is heated with hot water. The electric-lighting of the house has been in- trusted to Messrs. Holmes and Co., of Newcastle- upon-Tyne. The general contractors are Messrs. Burgess and Gait, of Manchester. The work has b«en executed under the personal supervision of the architect, Mr. Joseph Swarbrick, of Manchester.” Perspective view & plans published in The Building News, September 8th 1896.