1898 – Forest Lodge, Tulse Hill, London
“This house, the residence of Mr. G. Adney Payne, has been ref rented and much added to in a handsome way by Messrs. Wimperis and Arber, the architects. The plan has been remodelled. One of the chief improvements consists of a richly-designed library, of which we hope to give an illustration shortly. The bookcases and the fire- place are the chief features in the apartment, which is furnished in oak, with bronze fittings. The entrances to the carriage -drive are formed by a fine pair of wrought-iron gates. The drawing illustrated by us to-day shows the porch and new facade. The house, as advertised elsewhere, will be offered for sale by auction on June 9, by Messrs. Stimson and Sons, of 8, Moorgate-street, E.C.” Published in The Building News, May 27th 1898.