1898 – Victoria School, Winnipeg


In 1898, Central School No.1 was replaced by a new structure, built at a cost of $17,000, that could accommodate up to 500 students with a staff of 12 teachers. At that time, the school was formally renamed Victoria School. Victoria School was destroyed by fire on 13 March 1930, demolished and a new school constructed on its site.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com