Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1902 – Merchants Bank, Main Street, Winnipeg

Architect: Taylor & Gordon

0009

0009

Winnipeg’s first steel framed building at seven storeys high. Merchants Bank of Canada was taken over by the Bank of Montreal in the early 1920s. Demolished to make way for the Richardson Building in the early 1960s.

Read previous post:
1899 – Dominion Bank, 440 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Darling & Pearson Beautiful turned corner with banking hall. Located at 440 Main Street, and demolished in 1966. Now...

Close