1907 – Land Titles Office, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Allan Merrick Jeffers

0010

Constructed in 1907-08 at a cost of $80,000, was designed to be a “strictly fireproof” structure. Built of Calgary sandstone backed with brick and concrete, the windows and doors were the only wood in the entire building. Demolished in 1970 and the Court of Queen’s Bench was built on the site. Sandstone from the building was used to patch up other government buildings.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com