1907 – Merchants Bank of Canada, Edmonton

Architect: Hogle & Davis

0014

Built in 1907, the grand columned building on the northwest corner of Jasper Avenue and 100 A Street was originally home to the Merchants Bank, which had started Edmonton operations in 1898. Merchants Bank amalgamated with the Bank of Montreal and the building was bought by the Bank of Nova Scotia in 1923. It served as that bank’s main branch for the next 33 years, and was demolished in 1956.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com