1911 – Village Hall and Club House, Adare, Co. Limerick

Architect: William Clifford Smith


According to Jeremy Williams, “The original scheme for the hall survives as a drawing, a brilliant adaptation of Voysey’s idiom to a communal building by the English architect, Clifford Smith, working in Limerick. What was built in 1911 is much more conventional…” This was the final design for the village hall, an almost domestic in scale building, due to Smith’s layout, placing the hall to the rear. The drawing is dated 1909, but the building was opened in 1911.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com