Architect: J.B. Mitchell
Designed by Winnipeg school architect J. B. Mitchell, and named after highly decorated British Field Marshall, Lord Frederick Sleigh Roberts (1832-1914), the fireproof, solid grey brick, three-storey building contained 16 classrooms, two manual training rooms, a principal’s office, medical inspection room, and staff and student’s rest rooms. The school was built to accommodate 700 pupils. The total cost of its construction in 1910 came in at $90,300 and included heating, ventilation, and furniture. A later extension in 1920 added eight further classrooms. Demolished in 1970 after construction of a new school prompted by structural problems.