Architect: Lang & Major
Built in 1911 to replace Calgary’s first Fire Headquarters, which had been erected in 1887. Front exterior view of Firehall No.1, known as the Central Fire Station. The large central garage area accommodated Calgary’s first fire trucks. Additional spaces such as offices, bedrooms, and lounges provided room to accommodate fire fighters in a state of readiness for their tasks. With its highly identifiable façade, the building has become a well known city landmark.