1911 – Former Assiniboia Town Hall, Winnipeg



Formerly the municipal hall of the Rural Municipality of Assiniboia, before it amalgamated with Brooklands, and St. James to form St. James-Assiniboia and eventually forming part of Winnipeg in the 1972 unicity amalgamation. Originally municipal offices were on the ground floor, a council chamber on the upper floor with a police station and cells in the basement. Now a local museum.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com