1933 – Savoy Hotel, Bangor, Co. Down
The Savoy Hotel was built in 1932 for Mr J. Gaston of Northern Ireland Tours and was extended and refaced in 1933 by architect John McBride Neill. It boasted 130 bedrooms, hot and cold running water in each room, electric light throughout, lounges, dinning rooms with separate tables and a renowned ballroom with a sprung floor. The building was converted into 56 self contained independent living apartments for older people in 1990. The original metal window frames have long been replaced.