Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1934 – Gasholder, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

0003

This massive gasholder structure dominated the Dublin Skyline for many years. Constructed by the Alliance and Dublin Consumers Gas Company at the corner of Sir John Rogerson’s Quay and Cardiff Lane. Demolished by early 1993.

Image copyright of Dublin City Photographic Collection

    Read previous post:
    1889 – Cassidy Monument, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin

    Architect: Charles Geoghegan From The Irish Builder: "The contact for the erection of the monument to the late Matthew Cassidty...

    Close