Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1302 – Franciscan Friary, Castledermot, Co.Kildare

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

0001

0010

Founded in 1302 by Thomas, Lord of Ossory and plundered in 1317. The church was originally a rectangle with transepts added in the 1320s. The monastery was suppressed in 1541. To the south is the remains of a 15th century monastic residence and some of the boundary wall also remains.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Kildare
1756 – Design for Bridge, Carton, Co. Kildare

Architect: Isaac Ware James, 20th Earl of Kildare, consulted London architect Isaac Ware during the 1750s. Ware designed the bridge at Carton, the design of which was published in his...

Close