1811 – Black Abbey Church, Adare, Co. Limerick


The Trinitarian Order established their only monastery in Ireland in Adare in 1230. Ruined for many years, the Abbey was restored in 1811 by the first Earl of Dunraven as the Catholic Parish church.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com