Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1790s – Castlerea House, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon

The earlier main block of seven bays was quite plain; while the 19th century wings had balustraded parapets. The three-bay side of the left wing served as the entrance front. In the later part of the 19th century, architects Millar & Symes were retained on a couple of occasions to work on the house. The house was demolished and the demesne serves as a public park.

    Read previous post:
    1773 – Castle Archdale, Co. Fermanagh

    The house was built by Colonel Mervyn Archdale in 1773 on the shores of Lower Lough Erne, to replace a...

    Close