Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1970 – Broadway United Church, Broadway, Winnipeg

Architect: Moody Moore and Partners


Constructed after the previous church on the site was destroyed in a fire. Designed to resemble the prow of a great ship, which is the Emblem of the World Council of Churches. At the point of the “bow” is a 43 foot high stained glass by Western Art Glass of Winnipeg that depicts the original St. Stephen’s United Church being destroyed by fire.

Read previous post:
1911 – Village Hall and Club House, Adare, Co. Limerick

Architect: William Clifford Smith According to Jeremy Williams, "The original scheme for the hall survives as a drawing, a brilliant...