Architect: George Goldie
The first church in Ireland by George Goldie with the foundartion stone laid in October 1859. Construction was delayed by a masons’ strike with the church finally opened in September 1864. Drawings of the building were shown at the Architectural Exhibition, London in 1861. The church has an unusually heavy-looking tower with corner turret and spire. The interior has a fine roof over arches supported on attractive stone columns.
Photographs licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Germany license. Attribution: Andreas F. Borchert