1878 – Clonalis House, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon

Architect: F.P. Cockerell

Two storey Italianate house designed for Charles O’Conor Don, replacing an earlier residence on Clonalis Estate dating from approximately 1750. This imposing building has 45 rooms and combines elements of of both Queen Anne and Italianate architectural styles. Clonalis has been sensitively restored over the last decade and accepts guests.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com