1250c – Strade Abbey, Co.Mayo

0002

Originally a site of a Franciscan Friary, it was transferred to the Dominicans in 1252. Parts of the building date from the mid 13th century, although a good portion appears to be 15th century. The building has some fine carvings including a magnificent 15th century tomb in the north wall of the chancel. A National Monument.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com