Constructed through the generosity of the Dowager Duchess of Leeds between 1865-68; the location was originally known as Bletchingley Farm, and intended for 120 girls. It later became St Joseph’s Junior Seminary, after which it was a Ballet school and then a Muslim school. The chapel & cloister connecting to the orphanage are by Goldie & Child. E.W. Pugin also constructed a boys orphanage at nearby Mayfield at the same time. Illustration published in The Building News, July 18 1865. Listed Grade II.