Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1891 – Government House, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Thomas Fuller

0006

Government House was constructed between 1889-91 and was built on a grand scale as a result of the federal government’s desire to have an imposing symbol of its authority in the North-West Territories. Dominion architect Thomas Fuller devised the architectural design of Government House. Fuller had previously been selected to design a number of prestigious projects, including the Parliament Buildings, and the Governor General’s residence (Rideau Hall) in Ottawa.

    Read previous post:
    1937 – Federal Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

    Architect: William H. Birmingham & Fred Hollingsworth The four-storey stone and brick building presents a stepped back, geometric mass with...

    Close