1826 – Home’s Hotel, Usher’s Quay, Dublin
Home’s Hotel was opened by Scotsman George Home in 1826 but it only remained open for a few years. It’s fine Doric columned portico was a landmark on the quays. By 1840 it was a weaving factory run by the White Quakers. In 1848 it became the premises of James Ganley, Auctioneers who used it until 1977 when they moved to new premises. It was demolished shortly afterwards. The large Doric columns having been removed many years previously.