Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1700c – Last Cage-work House, Dublin

Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

0177

Drawing of the last surviving cage-work house in Dublin on the corner of Castle Street and Werburgh Street, demolished around 1812. This building was probably post-medieval in date, but typical of many houses in the medieval city. The illustration is believed to be a good representative image of the building, and was published in the Dublin Penny Journal in 1813.

Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Related Posts

  • No Related Posts Found

 

Read previous post:
1747 – Leinster House Gateway, Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels Former gateway to Leinster House which terminated the vista of Molesworth Street from Dawson Street. Demolished with...

Close