Architect: F.P. Cockerell
The first English Grand Lodge was founded in 1717, and the building was replaced in 1860 by the architect Frederick Pepys Cockerell. This was inturn replaced in 1927-33 as a Masonic Peace Memorial after the Great War. It is a grade II listed building, and the only Art Deco building in London that is unaltered and still used for its original purpose.