1870s – Loreto Convent, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin
Although a convent and school still exists on this site, the buildings illustrated are either gone or unrecognisable. The school was started in 1857 when they took over the house with curved bays seen in the centre of the shot. The chapel (far right) was designed by J.J. McCarthy in the early 1870s, and was added to the existing house. Later buildings by W.H Byrne & Son on the property date from 1908 onwards and still exist.