1732 – Former Archbishop’s Palace, Cashel, Co. Tipperary
Originally the residence of the Church of Ireland archbishops, until they moved to Waterford. Designed by Edward Lovett Pearce for Archbishop Theophilus Bolton, this Palladian-style building is finished in brick with limestone dressings. There is a strong emphasis on symmetry within the design, the triple openings to the central bays are mirrored by the windows of the end bays while the rear façade mirrors the front. The building retains many interesting features such as the timber sash windows and well-crafted stonework seen in the ornate window surrounds, cornices and consoles. Now in use as a hotel.